Monday, March 12, 2012

This past weekend at HITS Ocala got me thinking...

This past weekend was the penultimate weekend of the HITS Ocala winter circuit.  Rainy, muddy, but great fun as always.
One thing I noticed was how very many competitors and vendors were present.  That made me wonder if there are some "green shoots" showing in the equine industry.  What are you observing "out there" (meaning other than in Ocala...)?

That got me thinking even further -- What do mature equine businesses (both for goods and services) need to be resilient and nimble in a very rough economic environment. And, equally interesting (at least to me), what do new equine businesses need to survive and then thrive?  I welcome your thoughts.

Thank you.

P.S.  If anyone is going to be at HITS Ocala next weekend, I would be very happy to meet you and say "Hello" at the show grounds.

Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment